Updated: Oct 20, 2021
The Challenges of Buying More Rental Properties
For a lot of real estate investors, there are two key factors that limit growth in a rental property portfolio, which are:
1. The funds needed to secure more real estate deals
2. Financing more real estate deals.
But there's a solution.
Lets address these limiting factors and talk about why using equity is one of the best ways to growing your real estate portfolio fast.
Equity is one of the most powerful strategies for growing real estate, especially compared to regular savings and Joint Venture capital.
1. Equity is cheaper than other sources of capital; especially given the low rate environment we are in
2. Equity has been accumulating fast in many properties across many markets; therefore, the time and energy involved in accumulating it is significantly less than trying to save or source funds from others to invest with you
3. With equity, you can have your cake and eat it too ! you own all of the cash flow, all of the upside and all of the mortgage paydown and you do not need to split your returns with others..
What are the different ways to access equity in your properties?
There are four strategies to access equity to invest:
1. Secured Lines of Credit
2. A full refinance
3. A Blend and Extend
4. And Private Mortgages
In this blog post, we will walk you through the first strategy, which is accessing capital through secured lines of credits.
A secured line of credit gets setup against a property you own and is like a big checking account with funds available to you to access at any time.
When you access these funds, interest starts to accrue, and you can